Vaastu Ground rules for Industries
1. To derive optimum benefits from Vaastu Shastra, the
following pattern should be followed in plinth and ground levels for both factory plot and buildings:
The Northeast sector should be at the lowest level.
The Northwest sector should be on a higher level than the Northeast and the North.
The Southeast sector should be at a higher level than the Northwest.
The South should be at higher level than the Southeast.
The Southwest should be higher than the South. This sector should be higher than all the others.
The Eastern and Northern Sectors can be at the same level.
2. It is important to have the factory on a site that has ground levels sloping
towards the North, East or Northeast. If the site is at a higher level in the North or East, it is necessary that it is
levelled immediately for Vaastu to start providing prosperity. The factory roof should also slope downward towards the
North and the East. The centre of the factory building, the centre of the office building and the centre of the factory
plot, have to be kept totally clean and free from any form of beams, columns and pillars.
3. Any basement floor in the Western side or Southern side of an industrial building
is not advisable as it would weaken the cash flow and prosperity generating capability of the structure. Therefore, basements are
generally to be avoided in an industrial structure unless a small area becomes necessary for any specific processing purpose.
4. The compound walls in the Southern and Western directions of the factory plot should be
heavier and relatively higher than the Eastern and Northern walls. Depending on environmental and security factors, even wire fencing
may be considered for the North and East. No structure should be built right on the North and East compound walls. It is very important
to keep these compound wall free from any burden. However, structures covering the Southwest corner will be a boon to the industry, and
at no cost. The Northeast, Southeast and Northwest corners can be entirely covered by structures.
5. The main gate should be located in the Western Northwest for a factory with a road in the
West. The main gate should be located in the Southern Southeast for a factory with a road in the South. And for factories with roads in the
East or North, the main gate should be in the Eastern Northeast or Northern Northeast, respectively.
6. Water bodies on the Western side of the factory, whether inside or outside the plot, promote
hostility between manangement and governmental bodies, and frequent harassment by the government or labour unions. Similarly, water bodies
in the South, will promote conflicts between labour and management - and Southern water bodies are capable of bringing unexpected negative
energies to the factory, resulting in shrinking business, lowering of assets and loss of its net worth. It is therefore advisable not to buy
plots for industries with water bodies such as rivers, lakes, etc., on the Western and Southern sides.
7. Any water tank above the surface of the plot, for storage,water treatment or gardening purposes,
should be located only in the mid South region of the factory, or alternatively in the Southwest zone.
8. Do not dump industrial waste in the open space on the Northern or Eastern side as they will disturb
the positive energies from the Northeast of the factory plot.
9. Always keep the open space on the Northern side of the factory clean and devoid of even small
temporary structures and the entire space should be fully open to the sky. To lower the ground level on the Northern side, raise the ground levels
on the Southern and Western sides. these steps will magically generate more liquidity. A huge water body in the Northeast, preferably in the Northern
Northeast, will further add to liquidity and cash wealth.
10. To produce products of good quality in a facory, the Western side of the factory should be more elevated
than the Eastern side, and more open space should be provided in the Eastern side than in the Western side. To increase cash flow and liquidity, the
Southern side of the factory buildings should be elevated and there should be more open space in the North than in the South.
11. Whenever the Northeast sector or the Northwest sector is covered with structures in a factory, there will
not be cordial relations between the management and the labour unions. Therefore to maintain a smooth relationship between management and labour, both the
Northeast and Northwest quadrants should not be burdened with any form of structure. The entire Northern sector should be lower than the Southern sector
and should also be open to the sky for good profitability and smooth running of a business.
12. While placing a furnace, generator or boilder in the Southeastern quadrant of the factory, it is important to
ensure that the chimney is placed in the mid South only, avoiding the Southwest. However, if the chimney can be placed separately at a distance from the main
building. If can be located adjoining the factory in the Southwest.
13. An external canteen and kitchen can be located in the Southeast Agni corner of the factory plot. For South facing factories,
the canteen and kitchen can be located in the Northwest corner of the plot without touching the Northern compound wall.
14. A pantry or kitchen should be avoided both in the Northeast and Southwest sectors.
15. The computers in the office building of a factory should be placed in the Southeast or Northeast corners of
16. Any recreation / entertainment halls, guest rooms, theatres, garages,auditoriums and rest rooms should all preferably
be located in the Northwest sector of the factory plot or alternatively in the Southeast sector.
17. Staff quarters can be constructe in the Southeast or Northwest of the factory plot with the main entrance of each house
in an exalted position. Care is to be taken while providing wells for staff quarters so that they do not bring the ill - effects of Vaastu to the main factory.
18. Cycle stands or car parks are to be located only towards the Northwest sector or in the Southeast sector of the factory.
The structure should not touch the North or East compound walls.
19. Toilets and wash rooms in a factory can be placed in the Northeast, or alternatively, in the Southeast without touching
the North or East walls of the boundary. Whenever toilets are provided in the Southeast, a wash room should be avoided. The septic tanks attached to the toilets should preferably
be in the Northern Northwest or at least in the North sector towards the West. The toilets should have closets aligned with the North-South axis.
20. The security room or the Gurkha room in a factory should face only North or East, and it should not touch the compound walls in the North
or East. But they can touch the South or West compound walls. The construction of a security room exactly on any of the corners is not recommended. Also the security room should be
constructed to the West or South of the main gate. There should not be any toilet attached to the security room.
This research article is submitted by
Dr.K.Venkatesan BE, MTech, PGA, PhD, MsD, DDiv(hon).,. He is
a post-graduate in Engineering and he hails from the ancestry of Abirami Pattar.